Sunday, February 5, 2012

Review - RUINATION: THE RAKE AND THE RECLUSE: PART FOUR by Jenn LeBlanc

Ruination: The Rake and the Recluse: Part Four
by Jenn LeBlanc
Publisher: Iris Photo
Release Date: January 31, 2012
Source: Review copy from Author


A woman out of time.
A man stifled by propriety.
A nemesis determined to take her away.
A brother to the rescue.

How will a powerful Duke deal with a woman who doesn't know her place? How will a woman used to the 21st century survive in time where she is considered property?

THE RAKE AND THE RECLUSE Part FOUR has Gideon racing to find Francine before the unthinkable happens. Francine tries desperately to hold on, but her belief that Gideon will find her begins to slip. This is the fourth installment of the completely revised novel, with all new material.

Francine Larrabee woke up on the wrong side of the century. She was fairly certain she went to sleep in her own comfy bed, but she doesn’t quite seem to be there now. Only adding to her problems is that she has no voice, is constantly being glowered at by a large, stunning man who is obsessed with propriety, and she is apparently betrothed to another horrid little man, determined to ruin her, and any other girls that get in his way.
How does she find herself in the past, when she couldn’t even find herself in her present? How does a self sufficient businesswoman survive in a time when women were still considered property for the whole of their lives and what is she going to do with this man who draws her to him so fiercely.

**This serial novel needs to read in order. This review may contain spoilers.**

Ruination is part four in The Rake and the Recluse serial novel. The story starts right where part three leaves off. Francine has been kidnapped by the reprehensible villain, Hepplewort. At the urging of his equally disgusting, mother, Hepplewort plans to wed Francine and keep her captive against her will. Jenn LeBlanc did a brilliant job of making me hate these antagonists. 

This part has to be my favorite so far as I appreciated the early tension and then the sweet resolution at the end. I loved the dialogue in this part as Francine now has her voice back and used it to tell Hepplewort and his evil mother in detail how Gideon ruined her in their field.
“I am ruined. This man lay me down in your field, and he ruined me. He took my – my maidenhead, and claimed my body as his, and I allowed him…My womb is for his children, my mouth is for his pleasure, my body is for his use alone…And with any luck, I am already with his child.”
The pictures that were featured in Ruination depicted more emotion than the previous ones have. I don’t want to give away too much more of what happens as I understand that this part is the conclusion of the original novel, The Rake and the Recluse. I will say that the love scenes multiply, more details of Francine’s time travel are revealed and the conclusion of Francine and Gideon’s romance is a nice segue into Gideon’s brother’s story. Parts five and six will feature Perry Trumbull, Viscount Roxeleigh’s story. 


Here are my reviews of the first three parts of this serial novel. The books need to be read in order - 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I appreciate all of your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images from the Cherry Blossom kit by Lily Designs